A One Day Seminar
Classes will begin at 8:00 a.m. and adjourn at 5:00 p.m.
This course has been developed to assist personnel responsible for handling, packaging and shipping of hazardous materials to comply with Department of Transportation refulatory requirements (49CFR172.704(c)(1)). The course includes requirements for performance-oriented packing, emergency repsonse and hazard communication standards, hazard classification, DOT, IATA, ICAO and IMO regulations.
Upon successful completion os the course, each student will receive a Certification of Satisfactory Completion from the National Spill Control School, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
• Hazardous Materials Transpotation Act
• Domestic and International Regulations
• Classification of Hazardous Materials
• Emergency Communications
• Shipping Papers
• Hazardous Materials Registration
• North American Emergency Response Guidebook
• Hazardous Materials Tables
• Marking, Labeling and Placarding
• Carriage by rail, aircraft, vessel and Public Highway
Labels and Placards
Locating Regerences in the Hazardous Materials Regulations
An examination will be given at the conclusion of the program.
$195 - Prepaid
Includes reference text and other course materials. For special government/industry group rates, contact the National Spill Control School at (361) 825-3333.